Pom-Poms have surely never been so popular. So I guess my first post had to be about a pom-pom.
Here is a quick way of creating a pom-pom using no extra tools but your hand and a pair of scissors.
Here I have used SMC Super Big wool, 100% acrylic.
1. cut a length of wool you would like to tie it with – about 30 cm +
2. put this between your fingers.
3. start wrapping around your hand.
4. cut off the wool when you get a full amount – about 10 wrap-arounds for chunky yarn/wool.
5. use the original length of wool you first put between your fingers to tie around the middle of your bundle.
6. make sure you have even lengths on both sides, then tie tightly, and double knot.
7. now start to trim it, cutting the loops, then “styling” your pom-pom to make it more even.
8. optional: you can spray it with glitter or a light spray of hairspray to set it.
Uses: tie it round your wrist; hang it from a door knob; put it on top of a wooly hat; string more together for bunting, or cut the tie to the length of your pom-pom, and like Rainbows leader Sally says…glue on googly eyes and feet !
Happy Pom-Pom making !!